Pictured Above: Mt. Olivet United Methodist Church
What is Adopt-A-Street?
The mission of the Adopt-A-Street program is to promote civic responsibility, community pride and enhance Kannapolis’ quality of life through clean streets and beautiful neighborhoods. You, your club, civic group or business can help keep Kannapolis beautiful by volunteering to join the Adopt-A-Street Program. As part of this program, you agree to remove trash from a single, mile-long stretch of roadway. All cleanup supplies are provided. Your willingness to help keep Kannapolis clean illustrates your commitment to the environment, as well as our community and is greatly appreciated!
Pictured Below: Smith Turf and Irrigation
How Does It Work?
We ask you to commit to:
- Signing a 2-year commitment agreement to clean the adopted section of a City of Kannapolis maintained roadway.
- Maintaining a minimum of 1 mile (approximately 14 city blocks) of street. This may be a single street or an area (subdivision or section of town).
- Cleaning the adopted section of roadway at least 4 times per year.
- All participants must sign hold harmless agreements.
- The minimum age of participants is 12 years old and every participant below the age of 18 is required to sign a parental release form.
The City of Kannapolis provides:
- Garbage bags, gloves, safety vests, and pick-up tools. You return these items to the City after your cleanup event. Cleanup Event Permits need to be submitted at least 5 business days prior to the scheduled event.
- Install street sign on the street you are adopting with your name/organization’s name and the year your commitment began.
- A certificate of completion, suitable for framing, and other recognition for each participating group.
- Traffic control devices as necessary.
- Pick up and disposal of filled bags.
Ready to get involved?
Please download, carefully review and complete the Adopt-A-Street Policy and Application. Send questions, completed applications and hold harmless agreements to email@example.com
Pictured Above: American Legion Beaver Pitman Post 115
Current Adopt-A-Street Groups
Please fill out the event registration form each time you clean your street. This will register the date of your clean up and supplies needed.
Click here to access the Adopt-A-Street Event Registration Form