The City provides yard waste collection once a week on the same day as your garbage pick up. Please place your yard waste items at the curb the night before your scheduled collection.
Yard waste, limbs and loose leaves (Loose Leaf Season runs October 21, 2019 - March 6, 2020) are collected by City crews. There will not be any yard waste, limb or loose leaf collection on any of the following holidays observed by the City: In 2019, Thanksgiving Holiday Nov 28th and 29th, and the Christmas Holiday December 24th, 25th and 26th; in 2019, New Year's Day - Jan 1st, Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday - Jan 20th , Good Friday - April 10th, Memorial Day - May 25th, Independence Day - July 3rd, and Labor Day - Sept 7th.
In the event of a missed pickup (not due to a holiday or posted delay), please call the Public Works Department at (704) 920-4200 within 24-hours.
- DO NOT mix yard waste with household waste or other items.
- Keep in mind that crews WILL NOT COLLECT bags that weigh more than 50 pounds, logs longer than 6-feet in length or larger than 12-inches in circumference, debris from major tree removal or land clearing. Check with local landfills for disposal of these items.
- Small nail/metal free landscape ties no larger than 6 ft x 6 ft will be collected.
- Bag or bundle yard waste, including pampas grass, cornstalks and bamboo; place at curbside on regular household collection days.
- Stack tree limbs, twigs and brush piles no larger than 4 ft x 12 ft x 4 ft at the curb. Two piles per address per week of this size can be collected. Place piles at least 5 feet from vehicles, mailboxes, light poles, guy wires, fences, and other obstructions.
- Bag garden material. Remember to shake off the dirt. Opaque (dark or white) bags must be left open; clear or transparent bags should be tied closed.
- Live Christmas tree and wreath pickup will occur on regular yard waste collection days. Remove all ornaments/lights and place the tree/wreath curbside for pickup.
- Artificial Christmas trees and wreaths will be collected with bulk waste. Remove all ornaments/lights and place the tree/wreath curbside for pickup.