Loose Leaf Collection
Loose Leaf Collection Season (vacuuming of loose leaves only), begins October 25, 2021 and ends March 4, 2022. During this period, leaves do not need to be bagged.Outside of the scheduled Loose Leaf Season between March 2022 through October 2022, leaves must be bagged and will be picked up on your normal trash pickup day. Check the CARTology app or enter your address above for your loose leaf collection day.
During the Loose Leaf Season, there will not be loose leaf collection on any of the following holidays observed by the City:
- New Year's Day (January 2, 2023)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (January 17, 2022)
- Veterans Day (November 11, 2022)
- Thanksgiving Holiday (November 24 and 25, 2022)
- Christmas (December 22, 23, and 26, 2022)
In the event of a missed pickup (not due to a holiday or posted delay), please call the Public Works Department at (704) 920-4200 within 24-hours.
Loose Leaf Reminders
- Place loose leaves at the curb the day before your scheduled collection or no later than 7 a.m. on the day of collection.
- Leaves must be placed at the curb or along the ditch line - not in the ditch - in rows parallel with the street.
- Do not place leaves on the sidewalk.
- Leaves mixed with limbs, other yard waste, gum balls, gravel, glass or other solid matter will not be collected. These items damage equipment, thus delaying everyone's collection.
- Leaves in garbage containers will not be collected.
- Leaves must not be placed near water meters and fences. Place them on the street side of retaining walls.
- Leaves often make their way to storm drains. Check the drains in your neighborhood and help the City keep them clean by removing the leaves and litter to prevent flooding.