Loose Leaf Collection
Loose Leaf Collection Season (vacuuming of loose leaves only), begins October 30, 2023 and ends March 18, 2024. During this period, leaves do not need to be bagged. Click on the map below to find your loose leaf collection weeks*.
During the Loose Leaf Season, there will not be loose leaf collection on any of the following holidays observed by the City:
- November 10, 2023 (Holiday)
- November 23 - 24, 2023 (Thanksgiving Holiday)
- December 21, 25 and 26, 2023 (Christmas Holiday)
- January 1, 2024 (New Years Holiday)
- January 15, 2024 (MLK Holiday)
Click here to use the interactive map and find your pickup schedule
To use the map:
- Type your address in the search bar
- Click on your address on the map to see your loose leaf pickup schedule
- If you are using the map on a mobile phone, you may need to click the arrow at the bottom of the screen to open the pop-up window when prompted
*All loose leaf collection days are subject to change or delay due to inclement weather.
In the event of a missed pickup (not due to a holiday or posted delay), please call the Public Works Department at (704) 920-4444 within 24-hours.
Loose Leaf Reminders
- Place loose leaves at the curb the day before your scheduled collection or no later than 7 a.m. on the day of collection.
- Leaves must be placed at the curb or along the ditch line - not in the ditch - in rows parallel with the street.
- Do not place leaves on the sidewalk.
- Leaves mixed with limbs, other yard waste, gum balls, gravel, glass or other solid matter will not be collected. These items damage equipment, thus delaying everyone's collection.
- Leaves in garbage containers will not be collected.
- Leaves must not be placed near water meters and fences. Place them on the street side of retaining walls.
- Leaves often make their way to storm drains. Check the drains in your neighborhood and help the City keep them clean by removing the leaves and litter to prevent flooding.
- Keep the area around the leaves clear of vehicles and other items so the loose leaf vacuum trucks can easily access the leaves. If access to the leaves is blocked, the leaves will not be collected.
When Loose Leaf Season ends in March 2024, leaves must be bagged and will be picked up on your normal trash pickup day.