Boards & Commissions Application

Application for Appointment to Boards and Commissions

  • The Kannapolis City Council believes that all citizens should have the opportunity to participate in governmental decisions. One way to participate is by serving as a citizen member of one of the City’s Advisory Boards or Commissions. If you would like to be considered for appointment to the Personnel Advisory Board, Planning and Zoning Board, Board of Adjustment, Parks and Recreation Commission or Community Improvement Commission, please complete this form.

    *Required Fields are marked in red. 

  • Board Preference (use each number once, 1 = most Desired, 6 = least Desired)

    (ie. If you selected 1 for Planning & Zoning then you cannot select 1 for any of the other boards/commissions.) There will be required questions based on your top 2 choices.

  • *You must be a Resident of Kannapolis or live in the Extraterritorial Jurisdiction area to serve. The City of Kannapolis has Extra Territorial Jurisdiction (ETJ) in the Rowan County portion of Kannapolis and extends up to a mile from the City Limits in some places. Only residents who live within the ETJ are eligible to fill ETJ seats on the Planning Board and Board of Adjustment. If you have questions about whether you live in the ETJ or not, please call the Planning Department at 704-920-4359.

  • Contact Information

  • Phone Number
  • Phone Number

  • Professional Background

  • Civic Background

  • References

    List three people who are not related to you who have definite knowledge of your qualifications to serve on this board/commission.
  • Phone Number
  • Phone Number
  • Phone Number
  • Please note that pursuant to NC General Statutes Chapter 132, Public Records, applications submitted for these appointments are public records and may be subject to public disclosure.