Welcome to the City of Kannapolis Parks and Recreation Virtual Playground! This is your place to find activities to do at home. While we miss seeing everyone in our parks and at our programs, it is important to us to continue to bring the fun to you until we can resume normal programming and events.
Kannapolis Parks and Recreation Coloring Book & COVID-19 Time Capsule
We made a special coloring book with all of your favorite Kannapolis locations, fun facts, and a COVID-19 Time Capsule!
Social Distancing Trivia
Trivia is taking a temporary break, but you can still try your hand at our past trivia challenges here:
Virtual Jigsaw Puzzles
Jigsaw puzzles are a great way to pass the time and work your brain. Check out these jigsaw puzzles that feature a race from our Run Kannapolis series and the beautiful scenery at Village Park.
Village Park Jigsaw Puzzle
Run Kannapolis Jigsaw Puzzle
Virtual Story & Craft Time
Join us for a virtual story and craft time each Wednesday at 11:30 am. Typically, story & craft time will consist of a read along with a special guest, question and answer opportunity, and a simple craft instruction or prompt.
The story time will be hosted using Zoom. Join the Zoom meeting HERE. Visit the Facebook Event HERE.
Upcoming Story & Craft Times:
- Wednesday, July 15th - 11:30 am: Cyndy Helms with Lemonade in Winter by E. Lockhart
- Wednesday, July 22nd - 11:30 am: Irene Sacks with Maybe Something Beautiful by Isabel Campoy and Theresa Howell
- Wednesday, July 29th - 11:30 am: Maria Bostian with TBD Book
Watch Past Story & Craft Times:
Virtual Game of Catch
We would like to invite you to join in on our Virtual Game of Catch.
Here's how to play:
- Record a short video of you catching/receiving a ball from your right and then passing the ball to your left.
- Send in your videos to email@example.com.
- We will compile all of the videos into one big game of catch!
Kannapolis Brag Board
We put out a call to the communtiy for nominations for our Kannapolis Community Brag Board sot hat we could honor some of our "Brag Worthy" community members.
Meet our winners below:
- Patricia - Has made 3,500+ masks to giveaway to the community.
- Dawn - Teacher who has helped guide online e-learning, has printed and delivered school work and more.
- Kiteki - Morningside of Concord employee who loves and cares for all of the residents like family.
- Miranda - Has helped raise money for community members to have lights, food, and more.
- Breena - Kannapolis Middle School teacher who brings goodies and treats to neighborhoods.
- Jennifer - McKnight Head Start Director who goes above and beyond for all students.
- Kathy - Takes time to create and drops off "eggstra special" gifts and signs on doorsteps.
Thank you to the following local businesses for donating gift cards and other merchandise to our winners:
Wednesday afternoons 3 PM
All of the fun of the traditional game of bingo, in a fun virtual envrionment!
Upon registering you will be sent an email invitation to join the Bingo game via the online meeting platform: Zoom. You can attend the meeting via Zoom with a computer, smart phone, or through a call in number on a home or cell phone. If you need assistance accessing the zoom meeting, please let us know.
Prizes will be awarded!
Bingo cards can be delivered via email or physical mail, you will select your bingo card delivery option at registration. Please note: registration for physical mailings of bingo cards is due Friday at 12 NOON the wekk prior to the bingo game in order to allow for adequate mailing time. Registrations made after this time will be emailed a digital copy of bingo cards to print and use for play.
Virtual Bike Safety BINGO (Register)
All of the fun of traditional BINGO, in a fun, virtual envrionment!
This is the perfect opportunity for kids and families to brush up on their bike safety knowledge.
* Prizes will be awarded!! We will also have an exciting announcement at the end of our time together, so be sure to stick around until the end!! *
Upon registering you will be sent an email invitation to join the Bingo game via the online meeting platform: Zoom. You can attend the meeting via zoom with a computer, smart phone, or through a call in number on a home or cell phone. If you need assistance with accessing the zoom meeting, please let us know.
- Bingo cards can be delivered via email or physical mail, you will select your bingo card delivery option at registration.
- Please note: registration for physical mailings of Bingo Cards is due Friday at 12 NOON (July 31st) the week prior to the bingo game in order to allow for adequate mailing time.
- Registrations made after this time will be emailed a digital copy of Bingo Cards to print and use for play. The deadline for registering for a digital copy of the Bingo Card is Tuesday, August 4th at 5:00 PM.
- Participants need to supply their own BINGO card markers for the game (i.e. slips of paper, coins, etc. please do not use pen, pencil, or marker to mark your board as there will be several rounds of bingo played.)