Welcome to the City of Kannapolis Parks and Recreation Virtual Playground! This is your place to find activities to do at home. While we miss seeing everyone in our parks and at our programs, it is important to us to continue to bring the fun to you until we can resume normal programming and events.
Kannapolis Parks and Recreation Coloring Book & COVID-19 Time Capsule
We made a special coloring book with all of your favorite Kannapolis locations, fun facts, and a COVID-19 Time Capsule!
Virtual Escape Rooms
Can you solve the riddles and figure out the clues to escape within one hour? Try your hand at one of our Virtual Escape Rooms!
Pixar Escape Room
Kannapolis Escape Room
Jiggy with the Piggy Escape Room
Social Distancing Trivia
Join us each Tuesday night at 7 pm on Zoom for Social Distancing Trivia Night!
Each night will consist of 4 categories with 10 questions each. Prizes will be awarded for the top 3 teams each week.
Click the links below to join the Zoom meeting for each night before 7pm. Once loaded into the zoom meeting, you will be instructed to go to Kahoot to set up your trivia team. Trivia works best logged into Zoom on a computer and Kahoot on a mobile device.
Past Trivia Challenges
Try your hand at our past trivia challenges here:
Virtual Jigsaw Puzzles
Jigsaw puzzles are a great way to pass the time and work your brain. Check out these jigsaw puzzles that feature a race from our Run Kannapolis series and the beautiful scenery at Village Park.
Village Park Jigsaw Puzzle
Run Kannapolis Jigsaw Puzzle
Virtual Story & Craft Time
Join us for a virtual story and craft time each Wednesday at 11:30 am. Typically, story & craft time will consist of a read along with a special guest, question and answer opportunity, and a simple craft instruction or prompt.
The story time will be hosted using Zoom. Join the Zoom meeting HERE. Visit the Facebook Event HERE.
- Wednesday, May 27th - 11:30 am: Firefighter Dan will read a fire saftey book!
- Wednesday, June 3rd - 11:30 am: TBA
- Wednesday, June 10th - 11:30 am: TBA
- Wednesday, June 17th - 11:30 am: TBA
- Wednesday, June 24th - 11:30 am: TBA
Virtual Game of Catch
We would like to invite you to join in on our Virtual Game of Catch.
Here's how to play:
- Record a short video of you catching/receiving a ball from your right and then passing the ball to your left.
- Send in your videos to email@example.com no later than June 1st.
- After June 1st, we will compile all of the videos into one big game of catch!
Navigate to our photo gallery to watch our intro video.
Kannapolis Brag Board
We put out a call to the communtiy for nominations for our Kannapolis Community Brag Board sot hat we could honor some of our "Brag Worthy" community members.
Meet our winners below:
- Patricia - Has made 3,500+ masks to giveaway to the community.
- Dawn - Teacher who has helped guide online e-learning, has printed and delivered school work and more.
- Kiteki - Morningside of Concord employee who loves and cares for all of the residents like family.
- Miranda - Has helped raise money for community members to have lights, food, and more.
- Breena - Kannapolis Middle School teacher who brings goodies and treats to neighborhoods.
- Jennifer - McKnight Head Start Director who goes above and beyond for all students.
- Kathy - Takes time to create and drops off "eggstra special" gifts and signs on doorsteps.
Thank you to the following local businesses for donating gift cards and other merchandise to our winners:
Are you a good detective? Do you have what it takes to solve the puzzle? Join Parks & Recreation for a game of Clue!
1. Print the Logic Puzzle- Here
2. Find all 12 clues using the map.
3. Use the clues to fill in the grid with X's and O's to complete the puzzle. Every item on the board belongs to one and only one person. No day, place or flavor of ice cream will be shared.
4. Who ate the ice cream on Friday? Where did they eat it and what kind of ice cream was it? Email firstname.lastname@example.org your answer and enter for a chance to win a prize!
S'mores anyone? Kannapolis Parks & Recreation brings the tradition of pillow forts and backyard camping to your home! Register today for a camping kit that includes craft supplies, themed activitiy ideas and a s'mores making kit. This will be a great opportunity to enjoy the outdoors in your backyard.