With its community development program, the City strives to accomplish two primary goals:
People: Assist low-to-moderate- income residents
Place: Bring positive change to neighborhoods
The City accomplishes these goals with several approaches that include but are not limited to:
- Development of new housing units to provide quality affordable housing to eligible residents
- Installation of infrastructure to improve quality of life and stimulate investment in neighborhoods
- Support of nonprofit organizations that provide services within the community for persons in need
- Assist homeowners with repair and rehabilitation of their homes
- Down payment assistance for first time homebuyers
Interested in joining the Community Improvement Commission to help the City make decisions about funding for non-profits and improving neighborhoods? Click here to learn more.
You can find the Annual Action Plan here.