Run Kannapolis is part of the City’s Discover a Healthy Life brand. Hosted this year by Atrium Health - there will be eight 5K walks/runs in the City. City leaders are asking people of all ages and all abilities to participate in these events.
“We hope that adults and children will participate in all eight of the 5K events in our City. My family and I plan to participate. These events are a great way to connect us to each other, make new friends, help non-profits and get healthy together,” said Kannapolis Mayor Darrell Hinnant.
Runners/walkers are encouraged to participate in the entire series of races but series awards will be provided to only those who finish at least five events. For those who participate and finish all eight events, there will be a special recognition.
Due to COVID-19, all runs are cancelled in 2020 except for the Virtual Run.
The eight participating 5K events are:
- January 23 - Dec 11 - First Knight 5K (Virtual Race) (Kannapolis Rotary Club)
- March 13 (6:30pm) - Rhythm & Run 5K (NC Music Hall of Fame)
- March 28 (8:00am) - Spring It On 5K (Kannapolis City Schools)
- April 18 (9:00am) - Strides for Stroke 5K/ 10K (Atrium Health)
- April 29 (6:30pm) - Jiggy with the Piggy 5K (Kannapolis Parks & Recreation)
- August 29 (7:30am) - Hole in Run (Kannapolis Education Foundation)
- October 10 (9:00am) - Duke Dash 5K & Healthfest (Duke Murdock Study)
- December 5 (10:00am) - Frostbite 5K (Kannapolis Branch YMCA)
REGISTER FOR RACES THROUGHOUT THE YEAR AT RUNKANNAPOLIS.COM