City of Kannapolis | City of Kannapolis > Government & Departments > Planning > Applications, Permits, Documents

Applications, Permits, Documents


All development applications should be submitted through Accela or to the email shown at the top of the application.  Please download the form prior to completing. For instructions to submit to Accela, click this link. A Water & Sewer Verification Request is required for all new connections.  NOTE: Incomplete applications will result in processing delays.  Please read the application thoroughly. Contact the Planning Department with any questions at 704.920.4350.


Residential Zoning Permit Application
Residential Accessory/Addition Structure Application
Residential Driveway Permit Application
Floodplain Development Permit Application
Home Occupation Permit Application
Solar Panel Permit
Water & Sewer Tap and Connection Application by Owner


Change in Use Permit Application
Commercial Upfit Permit Application
Demolition Permit Application
Exempt Plat
Grading Permit Application
Major/Minor Plat
Mobile Food Vending Permit Application​
Outdoor Dining Permit Application
Sidewalk Exception
Sign Permit
Site Plan Application
Subdivision Exception
Temporary Use Permit
Water & Sewer Tap and Connection Application by Developer 

ANNEXATION **Requires a pre-application meeting**

Contiguous Annexation Application
Non-contiguous Annexation Application

BOARD SPECIFIC **Requires a pre-application meeting**

Appeal Application
Certificate of Nonconformity Adjustment Application
Special Use Permit Application
Rezoning Application
Rezoning - Conditional Application
SIA Application
KDO Text Amendment Application


Technical Documents and Policies

The following links provide additional details and information about technical and engineering requirements for plan submittal, water and sewer, stormwater, and roadways.

Street Closing Petition

Water and Sewer Forms
Irrigation Meter Ordinance 
Connection and Tap Fee Schedule

Standard Details - Contact the Planning Department at 704-920-4350
Water & Sewer: All water and sewer mains and appurtenances shall be constructed in accordance with the Standard Specifications for Wastewater Collection and Water Distribution Construction for Cabarrus County (WSACC), unless otherwise amended by these standard details.

Roadway & Storm Drainage: All roadway and storm drainage improvements shall be constructed in accordance with the latest version of NCDOT Standard Specifications for Roads and Structures, unless otherwise amended by these standard details

Technical Policies
Fire Hydrant Use
Traffic Calming
Water & Sewer Extension