Loose Leaf Collection
Loose Leaf Season will begin again October 22, 2018 and run through March 8, 2019 at which time loose leaves will be vacuumed by City crews. Throughout the scheduled Loose Leaf Season it is not necessary to bag leaves for them to be collected. However, outside of the scheduled Loose Leaf Season between March 2018 through October 2018, leaves must be bagged and will be picked up on your normal trash pickup day.
- Please place your loose leaves at the curb the day before your scheduled collection or no later than 7 a.m. on the day of collection.
- Leaves must be placed at the curb or along the ditch line - not in the ditch - in rows parallel with the street.
- Do not place leaves on the sidewalk.
- Leaves mixed with limbs, other yard waste, gum balls, gravel, glass or other solid matter will not be collected. These items tear up the equipment, thus delaying everyone's collection.
- Leaves in garbage containers will not be collected.
- Leaves must not be placed near water meters and fences. Please place them on the street side of retaining walls.
- Leaves often make their way to storm drains. Check the drains in your neighborhood and help the City keep them clean by unclogging them from leaves and litter to prevent flooding.
During the Loose Leaf Season, there will not be loose leaf collection on any of the following holidays observed by the City: In 2018, Thanksgiving Holiday Nov 22nd and 23rd, Christmas Holiday December 24th, 25th and 26th; in 2019, New Year's Day - Jan 1st and Martin Luther King Day - Jan 21st.