The City offers water & sewer, garbage & recycling service to its residents and businesses. For water connections, new service, billing inquiries, customer service and meter reading, contact the Utility Billing Center at 704-920-4399 or in person at 401 Laureate Way. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. except for City holidays.
At the Utility Billing Center, you can:
- Apply for and pay for water/sewer taps
- Apply for water/sewer service - Application
- Pay utility bills
- Online Bill Pay available at www.cokbillpay.com
- Automatic Monthly Bank Draft
- Dropbox - in the parking lot of City Hall located at 401 Laureate Way and available 24/7
- Phone - 704-920-4400- automated and available 24/7
- (The City accepts payments of cash, checks or credit cards)
- Request pool adjustments
- Request leak adjustments
- Participate in the Toilet Credit Program
- Request rereads for water bills
- Close your water/sewer account
- Sign up for Commercial Garbage/Recycling Service - Application
Can’t find what you are looking for? Submit an inquiry
Need Assistance/Repayment Plan?
The City, in accordance with the State of North Carolina Governor’s Executive Order, has not been disconnecting utility services, for those who have been unable to pay their bill, nor accessing late fees. When the Governor’s order expires, disconnection and late fee processes will resume.
If you have accumulated past due balances we would like to help you with any past due amounts by working with you to setup a payment plan. In order to prevent interruption of your service, you must have a signed Payment Plan on file with the City of Kannapolis or pay in full your past due balance by August 31. Our Customer Service staff will work with you one-on-one to assist you.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a call to discuss your account. Please include your full name, phone number, and account number in the email.