The City of Kannapolis offers a competitive and rewarding work environment; a place where individuals can really make a difference in the workplace and the community. When asked what they like the most about their employment with the City of Kannapolis, employees consistently name their co-workers, the opportunities to learn and advance within their chosen career, and being able to make a difference in the community.
Our employees pride themselves on rising to the challenge and performing their jobs to the best of their abilities. They are active in the community in a variety of ways: supporting the local school system, local community charities, and national charities such as Muscular Dystrophy, United Way of the Carolinas, Cooperative Christian Ministries, and American Red Cross, among others.
The City offers a competitive compensation program, generous leave benefits, excellent health benefits, and a wellness program that recently placed fifth in the medium sized category of Healthiest Employers of Greater Charlotte.
Steps to follow when considering employment with the City of Kannapolis:
1. Review the job description to determine if you are qualified for the position. The job description contains a general description of the job duties, physical requirements to perform the job, the experience and training required, special requirements for licenses or certifications, and knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job duties.
2. Complete and sign the employment application (pdf). Applications are carefully screened and are used to identify candidates who are best suited for the position. To be considered for employment, an applicant must meet the minimum requirements for the position.
3. Submit the completed application to Human Resources, by mailing or delivering it to 401 Laureate Way, Kannapolis, NC 28081 during normal business hours. Applications are accepted only when there is an open recruitment for the position.
4. Applications must be received by the Human Resources Office no later than 5 PM on the recruitment deadline.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered even if postmarked prior to the deadline.
5. Applications are referred to the hiring department within 3 business days after the recruitment deadline.
6. The City of Kannapolis is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are assured equal employment opportunity without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, or disability. Right to Work English Right to Work Spanish
7. The City of Kannapolis uses E-verify to confirm employment eligibility all newly hired individuals. Everify Poster English Everify Poster Spanish
8. Thorough background investigations are conducted on all applicants being considered for employment. The investigation may include verifying information contained on the employment application, contacting previous employers, contacting references provided by the applicant and others, driving history, criminal history, and credit history, depending upon the type of position.
9. Applicants extended a conditional offer of employment may be subject to other medical testing and will be subject to pre-employment drug testing.