Run Kannapolis, is part of the City’s Discover a Healthy Life brand. Hosted this year by Carolinas Healthcare System Northeast - there will be eight 5K walks/runs in the City. City leaders are asking people of all ages and all abilities to participate in these events.
“We hope that adults and children will participate in all eight of the 5K events in our City. My family and I plan to participate. These events are a great way to connect us to each other, make new friends, help non-profits and get healthy together,” said Kannapolis Mayor Darrell Hinnant.
Runners/walkers are encouraged to participate in the entire series of races but series awards will be provided to only those who finish at least five events. For those who participate and finish all eight events, there will be a special recognition.
The eight participating 5K events are:
1. March 18 - Spring It On 5K (Kannapolis City Schools)
2. April 7 - Rhythm & Run 5K (NC Music Hall of Fame)
3. April 22 - Strides for Stroke 5K (Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast)
4. May 2 - Jiggy with the Piggy 5K (Kannapolis Parks & Recreation)
5. September 23 - Duke Dash 5K & Healthfest (Duke University's MURDOCK Study)
6. October 14 - First Knight 5K (Virtual Race) (Kannapolis Rotary Club)
7. November 5 - Fall Back 5K (Kannapolis Firefighters Burned Children's Fund & Explorer Post 1)
8. December 16 - Frostbite 5K (Cannon Memorial YMCA – Kannapolis Branch)
REGISTER FOR RACES THROUGHOUT THE YEAR AT RUNKANNAPOLIS.COM