Join Legal Aid of North Carolina and local government staff representatives for a free webinar on fair housing laws and tenant’s rights on Thursday, August 6, 2020 from 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. While the webinar is free, advanced registration is required.
Participants can register at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7145122845004282383
- Jeff Dillman, Fair Housing Project, Legal Aid of North Carolina
- Heather Seals Blankert, Legal Aid Concord Office
- Community Development staff from Cabarrus County and the Cities of Concord and Kannapolis
Topics to be covered include:
- Is COVID-19 a disability?
- Who is protected by the Fair Housing Act?
- The eviction process in North Carolina.
- Tenant protections under the CARES Act.
- How to file a fair housing complaint.
Who should attend?
- Housing Advocates
- Property Managers
- People interested in fair housing
This webinar is funded in part through a grant under the Fair Housing Initiatives Program with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Visit concordnc.gov, kannapolisnc.gov or cabarruscounty.us for additional information. Residents with questions may call: Alicia Broadway, Planner with the City of Concord at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-920-5137 /Sherry Gordon, Community Development Program Administrator at email@example.com, or 704-920-4332.