As our community works together to fight the spread of COVID-19, our community has reached out to us and asked, “How can we help?”
There are several non-profit organizations who are stretched to the limit as they work to help people deal with the effects of COVID-19 on their lives. We have created a database of non-profit needs in Cabarrus County. The database of non-profit organizations lists the immediate needs of these important groups during this time of crisis. We hope you will take time to review the list and help the non-profits with their needs.
If you have a non-profit with needs and would like to be added to the list please email Sherry Gordon at email@example.com with the name of your non-profit, a brief description of your non-profit and a list of immediate current needs – items needed or volunteers. Include the address, the names of your staff, their phone numbers, hours of operation, and their emails.
Your non-profit must serve Cabarrus County, Concord, Harrisburg, Kannapolis (residents in Cabarrus and Rowan Counties), Midland, and Mt. Pleasant residents to be included in this database. After we have gathered this information we will share with the public and work to help organizations meet their needs.
Current needs (updated 7/8/2020):
• Big Elm Rehabilitation and Living Centers needs volunteers to provide outdoor companionship and entertainment to their residents by singing, drawing on windows, performing skits, reading books, playing musical instruments, etc. For more information, contact Crystal Lane at 704-920-0000 ext. 142.
• Cabarrus Meals on Wheels needs volunteers to deliver food to the elderly & disabled. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (704) 932-3412
• Cabarrus Cooperative Christian Ministries (CCM) needs canned vegetables (no green beans), canned meats (tuna or chicken), canned tomatoes, and peanut butter. Drop off between 10 a.m. - 1 p.m., Monday-Friday, Crisis Center, 246 Country Club Dr. NE, Concord, NC.
• Church of God Children’s Home of NC, Inc. needs N95 masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and disposable gowns for at-risk children. Call 704-788-1164,8 a.m. – noon and 1 – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
• Community Free Clinic needs financial support for supplies, materials, and new expenses to support infrastructure and Telehealth options. Contact Nancy Litton at email@example.com or 980-498-3501.
• CVAN needs masks for battered women and children and staff. Contact Mary Margaret Flynn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-788-1108.
- International Center for Community Development (ICCD)
ICCD sets the pace for public services and community education through a unique combination of after-schooling and adult learning, youth development, and improving the human condition for low income, underserved, at-risk, and the disadvantaged in collaboration with communities.
We are in need of Math tutors, community volunteers, donations of gift cards for kids snacks/water and a facility.
Contact: Dr. Theresa Isibor-Davis, (704) 991-6055. Email: email@example.com
• Opportunity House & Harmony UMC needs bread, canned goods and non-perishables, cleaning supplies, sanitizer, paper products, personal items, toothpaste & toothbrushes, and feminine products. Drop off between 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m., Monday-Friday, Opportunity House, 72 Corban Ave. SW, Concord, NC.
• Elder Orphan Care needs financial donations for groceries, deliveries, ramps, medical equipment, etc. Window units for heat/air conditioning are also needed. Drop off between 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday, at 325 McGill Ave. NW, Suite 520, Concord, NC. Contact Kim Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-787-5280.
• First Responders 1st needs Personal Protective Equipment and gift cards to local restaurants and grocery stores for first responders. Contact Lonnie Clouse at email@example.com or 704-453-3883.
• New Healthcare Concepts, Inc. needs fabric face masks for local nursing home facilities. For a facemask pattern or to schedule your pickup/delivery, contact Susan Stirewalt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-273-7476.
• Wings of Eagles Ranch needs help with general ranch chores and preparing and tending their community garden. Contact email@example.com or call 704-784-3147.
• Habitat for Humanity Cabarrus County needs volunteers for the Habitat ReStore to unload furniture, cleaning, assembling new shipments, donations, etc. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old. For additional information, contact Kippi Laws at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-786-4001.
•The Ruby Organization needs home furnishings and volunteers for community outreach. For a list of current needs, visit therubyorg.org or contact Tracy Minchin at email@example.com or 704-970-7829.