Run Kannapolis is part of the City’s Discover a Healthy Life brand. Hosted this year by Carolinas Healthcare System Northeast - there will be eight 5K walks/runs in the City. City leaders are asking people of all ages and all abilities to participate in these events.
“We hope that adults and children will participate in all eight of the 5K events in our City. My family and I plan to participate. These events are a great way to connect us to each other, make new friends, help non-profits and get healthy together,” said Kannapolis Mayor Darrell Hinnant.
Runners/walkers are encouraged to participate in the entire series of races but series awards will be provided to only those who finish at least five events. For those who participate and finish all eight events, there will be a special recognition.
The eight participating 5K events are:
1. March 17 (8:00am) - Spring It On 5K (Kannapolis City Schools)
2. April 14 (9:00am) - Strides for Stroke 5K (Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast)
3. Tuesday, May 1st (6:30pm) - Jiggy with the Piggy 5K (Kannapolis Parks & Recreation)
4. Friday, May 11th (6:30pm) - Rhythm & Run 5K (NC Music Hall of Fame)
5. June 1st - Dec 15th - First Knight 5K (Virtual Race) (Kannapolis Rotary Club)
6. October 13th (9:00am) - Duke Dash 5K & Healthfest (Duke University's MURDOCK Study)
7. November 5th (1:50am) - Fall Back 5K (Kannapolis Firefighters Burned Children's Fund)
8. December 15th (10:00am) - Frostbite 5K (Cannon Memorial YMCA – Kannapolis Branch)
REGISTER FOR RACES THROUGHOUT THE YEAR AT RUNKANNAPOLIS.COM