The City of Kannapolis is once securing vendors for the annual Jiggy with the Piggy Festival on Friday May 5 and Saturday May 6, 2017 and we are seeking vendors who would like to be a part of the event.
Though it has been called by many names and gone through some changes, the Jiggy with the Piggy Festival is a 37-year tradition that hosts over 100 Arts, Craft and Food Vendors, features concerts and entertainment, including a Friday Night outdoor Movie on the Campus, features family friendly kids’ activities, and includes a 5k Walk/Run, Car Display, an All You Can Eat Pancake Breakfast at Cannon Memorial YMCA, a People's Choice Wings tasting and People’s Choice Pork Tasting and of course is the host to the Kansas City Barbeque Society sanctioned Jiggy with the Piggy BBQ Competition.
Partners in the weekend events include: City of Kannapolis, Downtown Kannapolis Inc., Kannapolis Arts, Kannapolis Rotary, Kannapolis YMCA, A.L. Brown High School, and the 600 Festival committee.
Registration is now CLOSED for all arts & craft, food and commercial vendors. So as not to have an overabundance of vendors selling the same items and because we feel like it is important to have a variety of vendors, we have limited the number of vendors in several categories as well as limited commercial vendors to a maximum of 20 spaces. This year, commercial spaces will include direct sales vendors.
Arts and Craft vendor categories are defined as the following:
NO BUY/SELL VENDORS
DIRECT SALES will be allowed
If you have questions about which category you might fall into, please contact us prior to registering. We will be glad to help.
Below are a few more specifics that you need to know about being a part of the festival:
· The festival will run on Friday from 5pm – 10pm and on Saturday from 9am – 5pm. You were NOT REQUIRED to register/participate on both days; however, if you registered for both Friday and Saturday, we will be expecting you on Friday afternoon. If you registered for Saturday only and would like to come on Friday, please let us know and we will make arrangements to fit you in. Please see the information above for what you registered for.
· Vendors will be expected to stay until at least 9:00pm on Friday night and until 5:00pm on Saturday.
· FRIDAY check-in time will be at 2:00pm Volunteers will not be available prior to this time to assist you with spaced. If you arrive before 2:00pm, you may be asked to wait. In addition, cars MUST be moved from the vendor area by 4:30pm.
· SATURDAY check-in time will start at 6:30am. Volunteers will not be in place to check you in any earlier than that. Cars MUST be moved from the vendor area by 8:30am.
· Assigned vendor spaces will be on the North Carolina Research Campus green space in Downtown Kannapolis. Art vendor and commercial vendor spaces will be approximately 12 x 12 and food vendor spaces will be approximately 12 x 20. Spaces sizes are approximate but will be large enough to accommodate a standard size 10 x 10 tent with some room in between. Vendor spaces are on grass.
· Only the SPACE IS GUARANTEED for arts, craft or commercial vendors. You are responsible for providing your own tent, table and other materials needed for the day. Power/electricity will be available if you previously requested it on your application. The information above confirms if you asked for power. Vendors should be prepared to supply any drop cords or extension cords needed.
· Vendor Check-In will be on Research Campus Drive. Look for the vendor check in signs & tent. For more detailed directions, or map layout, please visit our website at www.jiggywiththepiggy.com.
· THIS IS A RAIN OR SHINE EVENT! While we understand if artists do not want to show up on a rain date, for fear of damaging their art, we as an organization will still set up, allowing artists who decide to fight the rain to come out.
· FOOD VENDORS will have power and water provided. Power needs will be provided as per the requests previously sent. Please be sure to follow up with the Health Department for the temporary food establishment guidelines and submit an application to the Cabarrus Health Alliance. You are responsible for conforming to all Health Department regulations. PLEASE NOTE-one of the requirements is that all applications must be submitted 15 days in advance. Another change that was recently made was that there is a requirement for all food vendors to have a thin tip digital thermometer available for food temperature readings. If there are any questions concerning anything in the requirements or application please contact the Cabarrus Health Alliance at 704-920-1223. Jim Osborne is the Health Department contact; his email information is: email@example.com.
In Addition -
- We would also like to ask all of our vendors and participants to let your clients, members, friends, and family know that you are participating in the festival. Please invite them to join us. For more information, visit the Jiggy with the Piggy website at www.jiggywiththepiggy.com. Or, feel free to use the social media invite at: https://www.facebook.com/events/1778911559059683/
To register as an arts/craft vendor, please using the following link: http://apm.activecommunities.com/kannapolisnc/Activity_Search/263
Registration was open to last year’s Jiggy arts/crafts participants until November 1 at a full rate of $50.00.
Registration will open to new arts/craft vendors on November 1 at the full rate of $50.00.
The link for Commercial Vendors (including Direct Sales) to register is: http://apm.activecommunities.com/kannapolisnc/Activity_Search/262
Commercial vendor registration was open and information sent to last year’s Jiggy participants until November 1 at a full rate of $150.00.
Commercial vendor registration is open to new participants after November 1 at a full rate of $150.00.
The link for Food Vendors to register is: http://apm.activecommunities.com/kannapolisnc/Activity_Search/261
Food vendors registration was open to last year’s Jiggy participants until November 1 at a full rate of $100.00.
Food vendor registration is open to new participants after November 1 at a full rate of $100.00.
For more information or details, please email either Becky Tolle (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Michael Knox (email@example.com). Please let us know if you have any questions and we hope to hear from all of you soon!
ONLINE REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Click on: https://apm.activecommunities.com/kannapolisnc/Home
2. Create/Log-In to ActiveNet Account
3. Select “Activities” at the top of the ActiveNet home page to search.
4. Select the activity you would like to register for by clicking on “Add to Cart”. Click on the title of the activity for additional information.
5. Answer any additional information requested. Required questions are marked with an asterisk (*).
6. Click “Proceed to Shopping Cart” button to make payment.
7. Review and acknowledge the waiver. Click “Next”.
8. Enter and verify your payment information. Click “Next”.
9. Once your transaction is processed, you will be shown a “Thank You” screen, with the option to print your receipt. An additional confirmation will be emailed for future reference.