If you have visited Downtown Kannapolis you have probably noticed that the first phase of the Kannapolis Downtown Revitalization Project, the streetscape and infrastructure improvements, are now underway.
In March/April the following work will be underway (weather permitting):
Internet/Technology Installation to begin
- Storm and sewer lines on Oak Avenue are being replaced
- Storm and sewer lines on Vance up to Main Street are being replaced
- PSNC will complete the new gas line work
- Electrical duct bank work on Oak Avenue (burying electrical lines underground) continues
- New curb, gutter, and median construction will begin on Vance Street and Oak Avenue
- New curb and asphalt items on Dale Earnhardt Boulevard will begin
Once completed the streetscape will be a dynamic urban park that includes unique green space, outdoor dining and social activity areas. Vida, the mixed use Demonstration Project, by the Lansing Melbourne Group, should begin construction in 2018 and the Sports and Entertainment Venue construction will begin in summer 2018.
Here is a link to Out & About, which features the project.
Gas Line Installation